Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness.
We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
We ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture – including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Having established our dominance in the North American finance industry, we have been expanding our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our four-story EMEA headquarters on Cannon Street (near St. Paul s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and an Executive Briefing Center for customer forums and other events.
About the role:
As a Full Stack Developer at Global Relay, you ll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in London and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you ll fit in around here.
- Work as a part of an agile development team, to design and implement a fully-interactive, single-page style web application and backend services
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Research, plan, and implement new ideas into the organisation
- Monitor and support operation of developed systems
- Collaborate with interaction designers to translate mock-ups into a functioning web application that is accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with testers in development of test cases
- Develop concepts, products, and solutions by working with stakeholders
- Document all phases of research and development
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Strong knowledge of Node.js, React.js, HTML 5, CSS 3 and related web technologies like Sass/Less, AJAX and JSON
- Knowledge of Docker, K8 or related deployment and container technologies
- Experience with service-oriented architecture including REST
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Web components
- Unit testing with Mocha or Jasmine/Jest
- Test driven development
- Enterprise application development
- Communications with VoIP or WebRTC
- Continuous integration systems
- Private pension
- Full medical cover
- Dental care
- flexi working
- Free fruit
- Snacks coffee etc.
- 25 days holiday
- Life insurance
- Telephone Interview
- Technical Test
- Technical Interview
- Cultural Interview