This role involves designing, creating, testing and deploying web based software products as part of Gallagher Re’s engineering team, to serve our business, one of the largest reinsurance brokerages in the world.
As well as being a key part of a product team, responsible for building world class software products, you’ll be advising and leading on best practices for evolving and improving our code base to help us avoid falling behind industry standards, and helping us innovate and create new ways of solving technical issues across the whole department.
Ensuring security and performance are baked in to all you do, along with accessibility by default, this role offers a real opportunity to shape the day to day experience of hundreds of colleagues across Gallagher Re. It will give opportunities to stretch and develop your own skillset by working on challenging problem
- Designing and developing all aspects of software products for use across Gallagher Re, taking ownership for small to medium complexity applications across the full development lifecycle
- Enhancing and refactoring existing products using the latest versions of .net, and optimising for cloud native deployment
- Conducting peer reviews of work carried out across your team
- Conducting performance and security tests against new and existing codebases
- Analysing high level requirements and creating appropriate tasks for development
- Consulting with BAs, designers, front end developers etc to ensure the best quality software possible is created
- Creating appropriate unit tests for existing and new code
- Recommending evolutions to development methodologies and implementing as appropriate as part of our continuous improvement culture
- Working with 2nd line support function to troubleshoot, fix and refactor issues in live systems
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SQL Server, interacting via ORMs and SQL stored procedures
- Some experience across the following:
- Design patterns
- CI and deployment using AzureDevOps or similar tooling
- Git version control
- Agile development using Scrum
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
What we offer you:
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we’d love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.