Fresha is the number one beauty and wellness appointment booking marketplace worldwide.
We did our Series C funding to accelerate our scale-out. We re headquartered in London with global offices located in NYC, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin and Warsaw… but who cares about offices these days? 😉
Our platform is used by over 50k merchants, in 100+ countries, who together book over 15 million appointments every month… and both of these numbers are growing massively month-on-month; that’s why we’re hiring great engineers 😉
Fresha takes the hassle out of running these sorts of businesses with an industry-leading, freemium SaaS platform for managing appointment bookings, payments, staffing, inventory, CRM, marketing, financial reporting and much more. The SaaS platform used to be called Shedul (geddit!) but we have now consolidated our product and business branding on Fresha (which was the consumer marketplace brand) so if you google us you may still see references to Shedul in places.
Having achieved great product market fit in multiple markets, we re now massively scaling: worldwide commercially but more importantly in Engineering. We do all our product engineering out of Europe – we don t need to look any further afield for great talent;-)
In addition to developing a great product experience for our customers, as a globally-scaling SaaS-enabled, consumer marketplace we have some world-class technical and architectural challenges for engineers with the right experience.
Our Engineering playing field …
Here s what our technical playing field looks like when viewed from a helicopter:
- React SPA at the front-end, also packaged with Cordova for mobile
- We re travelling down the well-worn path of moving from a predominately monolithic architecture (RoR) to an event-driven architecture of loosely coupled Elixir services. Kafka and gRPC are helping us on that journey at the back-end
- Currently deployed into AWS EKS but as we re 100% K8s our workloads are very portable
We already have a team of great players, 80 strong and growing, mostly in Poland, but now the UK too. We are continuously hiring in Engineering to support our global expansion and the exponential growth of our business.
While we do have a great office in London (near Liverpool St.), we are all currently WFH. Post-COVID, it will be a flexible mix of WFH and office, with individual teams and engineers determining where to work to achieve maximum team performance.
Regardless of how and where everyone works, we are looking for great product-oriented engineers who will rise to the challenge of working as part of a talented team of similarly passionate engineers, architects and designers, all of whom ensure that everyone in the team is the best they can be.
We – hand-on-heart! – consider ourselves to be a world-class engineering team, so we set the bar high in terms of inviting new team members to come and join us. We look for people who will help drive us to be collectively even better than we already are and who can contribute to and reinforce our product engineering culture.
- Proven experience with React + Redux
- Proven experience with a modern JS toolchain: NPM, Webpack, ESLint,…
- A passion to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Strong communication skills, ability to self-organise and work well within teams
Bonus Points for the Nice-To-Haves…
- Native development for Android and / or iOS
- RAIL Performance
- Cypress and Jest
- Full-stack experience (double bonus points if Ruby or Elixir!)
- (Some quirky/geeky interest:-)
We are living the Continuous Delivery dream… We focus on a killer combination of quality and velocity, sacrificing neither
- Cross-functional product engineering teams, sprinting bi-weekly (with kanban in the mix too), with every team autonomously and continuously delivering
- Highly collaborative lean product development process where engineers work closely with product owners, designers and analysts
- Daily (and intra-day) deploys with everything feature-flagged
- On-demand test/staging environments provisioned with a Jenkins one-liner in Slack Ops
- Automated Everything: 100% infrastructure-as-code plus a deep-seated hate of manual testing (we like Cypress/Jest)
- Contribute on Day 1: Read Confluence, Install Docker Desktop, git clone repo, ./scripts/setup.rb. Done.
- A competitive salary (negotiable based on your experience)
- Flat organisation / management structure where everybody is empowered to have an impact within the company, and where high performers are offered fast-tracked career development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with incredible analysts and data scientists, with a company that produces millions of records of data every day
- The opportunity to work on a global platform which is transforming a growing industry segment and have high impact within it
- Flexible working hours
- A central office in Waterloo, London Which we re not utilising too much as we re mostly WFH, but it s pretty nifty 🙂
- When we are in the office, we have all of the usual bases covered: fruits, veggies, cakes, coffee, and tea to keep you fueled; various team events as part of our culture
- Google Meet
- Tech Interview (Google Meet)