Discovery is at the centre of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX Family which includes TK Maxx, and Homesense in Europe and the UK and across the rest of the world you will find us as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Winners.With variety comes plenty of surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Are you ready to Discover Different?
What you’ll do
The Digital Solution Delivery organization at TJX focuses on customer-driven experiences across the globe, including all our eCommerce domains, mobile apps, loyalty programs, in-store digital experiences, and more. We are builders and innovators extending TJX’s renowned treasure hunt experience to new audiences and fans.
The Ecomm team designs and develops and tests the (url removed) website which sees millions of pounds worth of orders placed every week. We are looking for a talented, motivated and experienced Senior Engineer to help us take Ecomm to the next level in terms of tools, frameworks and technologies.
As a Senior Engineer you will be an expert in front-end technology. Working within an established SAFe framework, in this role you will work with the various scrum teams to ensure that designs are being adhered to as well as reviewing the quality of the code being provided by the developers. You will be focused on standards and areas of improvement within the front-end such as accessibility and page speed performance.
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will be with a strong sense of ownership and a desire to continuously improve their skills and knowledge. If you are passionate about frontend development and are excited to work on a fast-paced, dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design and implement user interfaces for web applications using Vue.js (or similar) and other frontend technologies.
- Strong experience of working within an Agile framework (SAFe would be preferable)
- Collaborate with designers and backend developers to create intuitive and seamless user experiences.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Ensuring that the website or application is optimized for performance and speed.
- Debugging and fixing any issues that arise during the development process.
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Jenkins to manage projects and track progress.
- Participate in agile development processes, including planning, estimation, and daily stand-ups.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes and best practices.
- Communicating effectively with team members, stakeholders, and clients.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework (SAFe would be preferable)
- Experience working with related technologies such as Node.js, Gulp, TypeScript, TSLint and Stylelint.
- Experience working with automation server Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products; Jira/Confluence/BitBucket
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with in a collaborative manner with a combination of nearshore and offshore teams (potentially provided by multiple suppliers)
- Team oriented approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills to determine bottlenecks and process improvements.
- Desire to learn and develop new and existing skills/competencies.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of management.
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.