Bequest is every parents and homeowners new best friend. We make sure your loved ones are looked after when you re gone. But, best of all, we ve made it super quick, easy and hassle-free to set up. No probing questions. No middlemen. No tie-in contracts or hidden fees. Just honest, reliable, pay-as-you-go policies that are tailored to you and have your best interests at heart. Oh – Aviva and Covea support us too. So, yes, we re the real deal. About the role: As we expand our engineering team, we are looking for an experienced back-end developer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can help us build and scale our platform and products. We are planning some ambitious greenfield projects in the new year so it is going to be an exciting time for our development team.
You will be one of the first hires of the company and working closely with our CTO and the co-founding team. Since we are an early-stage startup, you will have more responsibilities than in a regular role and play a large part in shaping the next features of the application. Currently we’re all working remotely, but post-covid we’re looking for someone who is willing to commute to our London office once or twice a week. Our Tech Stack:
- React with TypeScript, Gatsby, MaterialUI
- Cypress, Postman Tests
- GraphQL, gRPC
- Docker + Kubernetes (GCP)
- Gitlab CI
- Write high quality and well tested responsive code for our website, web-app and products
- Work with product designers to come up with the best product and create the UI based on the agreed designs
- Collaborate and review code of other engineers
- Create and present ideas and solutions for improvements to products, services and processes
- Test products and updates before they go live
- 2-4 years (mid), over 5 years (senior) of front-end development using React (with Typescript)
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns and UX best practice
- A strong communicator, self-starter and problem solver
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience using graphQL, Gatsby, MaterialUI, Docker, Cypress, Postman.
- Experience with cross-platform mobile app frameworks (e.g. React Native, Flutter).
- Stock Option Scheme
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Bequest Life Insurance contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible and remote working options
- Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Evening Bar.
- Fully serviced office in central London – we are located just minutes away from High Street Kensington
- 30 minutes screening call
- Technical task
- 60 minutes final round
React, TypescriptReact, Typescript, PostgreSQL, GCP, GraphQL, Go