Digital Learning Developer – 12 month FTC
Powered by technology, EY puts humans at the centre of business transformation. Lane4 takes people beyond performance, giving them the skills and mindset to achieve things they never thought were possible.
At EY Lane4, we support culture change and business transformation, develop leaders and through our digital learning solutions and innovative service delivery, provide world-class learning and development to every person in an organisation.
Our people bring a wealth of experience from performing at the highest level from elite sport, the military, the arts and business. We believe that everyone deserves access to world-class learning and development. Our global reach, digital learning solutions and innovative service delivery allows for consistent development across multiple levels of the organisation.
We are growing fast and looking for those who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in change, culture and leadership, and digital learning solutions to join us in at EY Lane4.
This role will sit in EY Lane4 within our People Advisory Services practice (PAS). We are looking for a confident and experienced Digital Learning Developer to join the Digital team, our creative learning solutions team, to design and deliver high quality, innovative digital learning products and bespoke digital solutions for EY’s clients.
You will collaborate across the team to deliver cutting edge digital learning content, liaising with Learning Designers and Graphic Designers to create engaging interactive solutions that enhance the learning experience and successfully achieve learning retention and transfer.
You will have proven expertise in the development of interactive content for digital learning programmes and in using a range or authoring tools and be design-focussed.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Design & Development of digital learning solutions
- Design of interactive learning content following best-practice UX & UI design principles
- Translating storyboards into engaging digital learning experiences, utilising design techniques such as the creation of wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
- Development and maintenance of existing interactive digital learning content using a range of popular digital learning authoring tools and development tools
- Publishing and uploading content to the EY’s LMS and LXP for QA and deployment, and configuring learning paths
- Carrying out QA activities and technical testing to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across browsers and devices
- Accurately applying translations and content amendments to digital learning content
- Collaboration and co-creation of content solutions with the wider team, both onsite and virtually, to create high quality outputs within the agreed timeframe
- Recognising and managing risks and issues
People and practice management:
- Provides timely, authentic and constructive feedback to colleagues and seeks feedback in return
- Be up to date with key technical and functional skills, and with industry, business skills & knowledge – and share this expertise with others
- Encourages development of team members though formal and informal coaching
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience of working with Rapid Authoring Tools (eg. Storyline, Lectora, Evolve, Adapt, Rise)
- Experienced using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using code editor development tools such as Visual Studio or Dreamweaver
- An eye for visual design with experience building engaging digital experiences
- Good communication and relationship management skills with the confidence and ability to contribute ideas and proactively communicate issues to stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- An understanding of HTML and CSS languages
- Ability to work on multiple projects/initiatives and work to tight deadlines, with the flexibility to deal with rapidly changing situations
- Be effective in recognising and managing potential issues during assignments
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining agreement
- Effectively interact with all levels within the organisation, including Partners, by challenging, influencing and coaching
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and as a team player, working collaboratively, virtually and independent
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Proven track record of developing Digital learning solutions
- 2 – 3 years’ experience of working in a digital design or e-learning development role
- Keen problem solver with a ‘can-do’ mindset
- Confident to work both independently and collaboratively, with the design team
- Good prioritisation skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced professional services environment
- Passion for innovation and staying up to date with the latest digital technology trends
- Use of browser development tools to diagnose and fix bugs
- An interest in user-centric design and design thinking to inform the design of clear and intuitive learner experiences
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Alignment to EY Lane4 values.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A primary degree and professional qualifications in relevant subject expertise (Web Development, Digital Media, Design) are desirable but not critical.
- Experience working with LMS or CMS web platforms
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a digital learning solutions team, professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. As a purpose driven organisation, we are also proud to offer multiple opportunities to volunteer with our global corporate responsibility programme – EY Ripples .
Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Access to a range of client projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Flexibility within a truly diverse and inclusive organisation
EY is a global professional services organisation providing consulting, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people.As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To meet our ongoing commitment of doing the right thing for our people, our clients and our firm – and to continue playing our role in the national effort against Coronavirus, our consultants are all currently working from home unless office working is critical to their role or wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.