Lascar Electronics Ltd
Lascar Electronics Ltd
Job Title: Embedded Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Lascar Electronics is a fast-growing international electronics business, with offices in the UK, USA and Hong Kong, specialising in the design and manufacture of data loggers, smart graphic displays and custom electronic products. An opportunity has arisen to join the design department working on data logging products, HMI displays and custom designs for the sensor market with a focus on embedded software and circuits using the latest technologies. The role involves all aspects of full product life cycle, conception, specification, development, testing and ongoing technical support. The projects are varied leading to an interesting role.
About The Candidate:
Successful applicants should have a passion for science and technology and be able to demonstrate knowledge through qualifications or work experience of:
- Developing embedded C firmware.
- Digital Circuit Design.
- Analogue Interface design.
- Low power design.
- IDE tools, in-circuit debuggers and emulators.
- Hardware debugging with the use of laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Documentation including specification and testing.
- Version Control systems such as GIT.
It would be beneficial to have specific experience with some of the following:
- ARM Cortex M series Microcontroller, preferably STM32/EFM32.
- 8051 microcontrollers.
- Development with Keil or GCC toolchains.
- Development using Eclipse, Simplicity Studio or Atollic True Studio IDEs.
- Interfacing to LCD displays.
- Communication technologies, RS232, RS485, USB, I2C, SPI, NFC and Bluetooth.
- Knowledge and use of sensors, temperature, humidity and gas.
In return we offer a competitive salary, together with an attractive benefits package.
For further details or to apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations.
Lascar only employs non-smokers/non-Vapers.
Any approach from employment agencies will result in deselection from future recruitment opportunities.
Candidates with the relevant experience/job titles of; Product Development, Designer, Product Design, Production Engineer, Design Engineering, Electronic Design, Digital Circuit Design, Analogue Interface Design, Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Embedded Software Technician, C Developer, C# Software Developer, C++ Developer, C# Software Engineer, C++ will be considered for this role.