The Candidate Ltd
The Candidate Ltd
eCommerce Developer – UK Remote Working – £40,000 – Digital Agency
Our client are an exciting digital agency who design, build and optimise attractive Shopify eCommerce sites for rapidly growing brands. An exciting role for an eCommerce Developer has arisen to join our client as they work on big picture Shopify and Shopify Plus projects for their ever growing client base! From the get go you will assist in the delivery of projects in conjunction with Shopify Developers contributing to the continued success for the business!
About the role
As the eCommerce Developer you will be working closely with a creative minded team, you ll help on all elements of Front End development crafting stunning eCommerce experiences. Fancy progressing your web development expertise or learning Shopify development? Then this role is just for you as it will expose you to a broad range of technical challenges to overcome – all whilst being surrounded by a caring and tight knit team of developers who want the very best for you! This role will also give you exposure to the design and UX team, web development team, project managers, optimisation team and customer success managers – it really does cover it all!
In terms of the clients you work with, they re all diverse in their own ways! This gives a huge scope to the sort of output you will produce meaning that no day is ever the same!
This role is permanent, full time and remote (meaning you ll never have to commute again). Our client do have an office an hour away from London however its optional if you ever wanted to go there with the team usually organising get togethers on Fridays to keep in touch. If that s not your thing, they hold virtual coffee mornings as well!
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have great attention to detail that produces high quality work
- Have a good grasp of frontend development
- Be excited to solve problems, learn and progress (there s always room for improvement after all!)
- Have some Shopify or other eCommerce knowledge such as Magento
- Enjoy writing up semantic, high performance, tested and reusable code
- Work in an agile environment with customers and teammates
- Enjoy working independently and remotely (teammates are only ever a video call away!)
- Have passion for web development and eCommerce
- Be excited to work collaboratively with UX and UI designers
- Shopify partner which allows access into new products & releases
- Git & version control principals
- There are a few modules built internally on their systems using Node.js. You are not expected to have touched Node at all as this is a front end role, but if you ever wanted to get stuck into it and learn, there s plenty of training on offer.
- CircleCI used for CI/CD
What s in it for you?
- Genuinely friendly atmosphere with possibly the nicest team of people I ve recruited for into an agency
- Directly route into a Lead role as they ve ambitious plans for the new teams
- Salary up to £40K
- Entirely custom work station (mac, pc, linux, standing desk, three screens – whatever floats your boat!)
- Cycle & Tech Schemes
- Company updates sessions every other Friday to be really transparent about where the business is at
- End of year company wide bonuses
- Hack days & events
- Staff discounts
- Strong culture which is based around their remote first approach
- 23 days annual leave + BH + An extra week shutdown at XMAS
Apply online now!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.