Service Care Solutions - Criminal Justice
Service Care Solutions – Criminal Justice
Service Care Solutions are looking for an outstanding Senior User Researcher, who can make a positive impact, and who wants to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work – better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people. The role is based in London on a Hybrid working model.
- Lead on research projects, working with a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers to help define and deliver the best methodology to address the specific needs in producing a responsive digital service
- Familiarise yourself with the project’s user research work to date and devise a strategy of moving the work forward.
- Plan, design and conduct user research sessions, including guerrilla testing, user testing, focus groups and workshops, persona creation and card sorting on a regular basis, testing both high-level concepts, and aspects of the service as it is designed and developed, and developing and maintaining a picture of the users
- Collaboratively analyse the findings of user research to identify common themes and points of user contention and provide actionable recommendations to the relevant team members.
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service
- Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes
- Support the learning and development of less experienced and trainee User Researchers within the team
You will have:
- At least 5 years of practical experience of qualitative research methodologies, in terms of design, execution and analysis
- Experience in taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
- Experience managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
- Experience of working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centred design practices.
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services.
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions.
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.
- An in- depth understanding of the available research methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience working closely with Service Design and Data Science teams.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: or tel: . Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.