Midwich is a forward-thinking AIM listed organisation, whose international growth projection is both exciting and demanding. Our partners are world leading brands including Samsung, LG, Canon and Panasonic to name a few and they demand effective marketing that delivers results through sales.
Part of Midwich’s future strategy is to continue its successful buy and grow activities, which have traditionally been led by the Group Managing Director.
As one of the leading AV/IT distribution Companies in the UK, we offer a range of exciting career paths in Sales, Business Management, Finance, Marketing and Logistics to name but a few.
About the Role
We are searching for a talented, experienced Digital Designer who has up-to-date knowledge of digital and print design best practices to join our team of 5 other designers specialising in print, animation and web design to name a few. This opportunity will be working alongside world-leading brands such as Samsung and LG to deliver a variety of creative projects and grow our portfolio. These can include email marketing campaigns, digital advertising, animated screen content, website development, conceptual documents, interactive directories and brochures, infographics, social media, presentations and more.
What you will be doing in this role
- Work as part of the Design Team, taking a lead from the Digital Design Manager, alongside the rest of the Marketing team.
- Use the latest digital thinking to work up original and creative design ideas that will operate effectively across digital platforms.
- Working to digital design briefs, understanding requirements and internal needs and showing an ability to solve problems effectively and creatively.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics, templates, wireframes and layouts, as well as iconography for animations, videos and infographics.
- Make full use of the Adobe Creative Suite, HTML5 and CSS3, with knowledge of best practices applied across animation, design, email campaigns and social media.
What you will bring to the role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite -After Effects, Premiere Pro, as well as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator etc.
- A strong portfolio of digital and printed works, displaying graphic design and web design capability.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality, with a strong grounding in branding, iconography, typography and more.
- Ability to work to a brief and communicate effectively within the Marketing team and across the wider business. And proficient in meeting commitments to time, costs and deadlines.
- Knowledge of best practices and principles in producing design work across all channels.
Why you should work here
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Permanent Health Scheme
- Life Cover
- Profit Related Pay
- Paid Sickness Leave
- Staff Purchase Scheme
- Discounts from Local Businesses (dependant on location)
- Recruitment Finders Fee
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Reduced Gym Membership (dependant on location)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Shares Programme