BLUE CROSS FOR PETS
BLUE CROSS FOR PETS
Digital Content Designer, London (Hybrid working)
Permanent, one full-time role and one part-time role
Blue Cross are one of the UK s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
As a Digital Content Designer, you ll love writing, developing and optimising content for digital channels. You ll be driven to ensure content meets the needs of its audiences and create engaging user journeys that deepen our relationships with the public. Ultimately, you ll help improve the wellbeing of vulnerable pets across the UK, ensure people get the advice they need for their pet and that they can access the services we provide.
We have two permanent roles available, one full time role working 35 hours per week and one part time role working 21 hours per week over three days. We are currently trialling a hybrid working scheme where you need to work a minimum of one to two days a week in the office and the other days be home-based.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day, then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and let s work together to see if this is the role for you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Knowledge and experience of user-centred content design, developing, testing and iterating content to meet user needs and organisational objectives
• Experience of writing engaging content for a range of digital channels eg website, email marketing
• Proven track record of measuring success of digital content and user feedback to improve content
• Experience of stakeholder management and the ability to build good working relationships across the organization
• Substantial experience in content management systems eg Drupal, Sitecore
• Experience of using analytics tools eg Google Analytics, SEMrush or similar to inform content improvements
• Practical understanding of SEO best practice and how this relates to content development
• Experience of developing accessible content for a range of audiences and championing digital best practice
• Excellent organisation and project management skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience editing emails in email marketing platforms eg Adestra
• An interest in pet care and pet welfare
• An understanding of wider digital marketing approaches
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Why work for Blue Cross?
• 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Hybrid working with the option to work remotely 3-4 days a week
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Holiday exchange & enhanced parental leave
• Annual volunteer days
• Long service awards, starting from 5 years
• Huge range of discounts across high street stores, insurance services & more
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us’ page on our website.
Salary: £25,823 to £30,027 plus £3,954 London Weighting allowance (pro rata for part time)
Closing Date: 12th August 2022
Interview Dates: week commencing 22nd August 2022
Interview will consist of a competency based interview and an interview task which will be shared at interview stage.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.