Clarion Housing Group Limited
Salary: London – £33,819 to £46.501/ Rest of the UK – £31,152 to £42,833 per annum + £5,000 car allowance
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We’re recruiting an experienced Development Health & Safety Business Partner to join our Development Team in London
About the role
As Development Health & Safety Business Partner, you’ll provide expert support to the Development business and external construction stakeholders through visiting and engaging with contractors on site. You’ll be our subject matter expert on site health and safety and will provide advice and training to internal stakeholders, particularly the delivery team, to enable them to support site teams more effectively.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Development Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HS&W) Lead to ensure high HS&W standards are maintained on all development schemes.
- Assisting the Development functions in identifying and eliminating H&S risks in pre-construction phases of projects through to handover and use.
- Educating and supporting design teams in understanding design risk principles (e.g. principles of prevention) in the design of schemes.
- Evaluating and challenging poor H&S practices of Principal Contractors and Designers appointed by Clarion, and on other schemes where Clarion has a stake.
The successful candidate will already have NEBOSH Construction certification as well as significant construction and design experience. You’ll have practical and demonstrable experience of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and experience of working on-site with Principal Contractors.
We’re looking for an organised team player with strong communication skills and a proven ability in H&S training, coaching and mentoring to develop self and others.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we’re dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years’ service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, and compassionate leave.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th February at midnight.
For further details on this vacancy and to download the role profile please visit our website or click ‘apply’.
This is a hybrid role with onsite focus. Candidates will be expected to travel frequently (possibly daily) between sites and other offices as necessary.
Applicants must be able to travel nationally.