Salary 35,000 – 35,000 GBP per year
– – Ability to deliver maintainable/clean code and follow coding standards
– Experience building scalable server-side cloud-based web applications in Microsoft Azure and detailed knowledge of the C#, .NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core and MVC programming languages. Detailed understanding of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS and Node JS)
– An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience as well as quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
– Experience of agile development, software patterns, continuous integration and Test-Driven Development
– Understanding the role of accessibility in digital services
– Ability to build secure digital services, with knowledge of OWASP and other vulnerabilities.
– As a Developer, you will be involved in the whole lifecycle of delivery by removing complexity in services and working with service designers, user researchers and content designers to understand user needs, with the aim of ensuring services are simpler, clearer and faster to use.
Your role will also involve:
– Identifying potential improvements to existing services and work within the Digital Team.
– Working in an open and collaborative way, using the tools we have to ensure your work is visible and understood.
– Actively contribute to the team and Commission goals of putting users at the heart of our services, by sharing your knowledge and supporting others to understand the role of Development.
– .NET MVC
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Developer to join our team in Birmingham where you will be involved in the creation and maintenance of services for both internal and external users. This includes front and back end development, and the integration with 3rd party software.
– Salary of c£35,000 per annum
– Civil service pension, employer contribution rate of 27.1%
– Flexible working
– Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
– 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.