Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions across 35 countries worldwide. We ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here s where you come in:
We re looking for an ambitious Product Design Lead who loves to mentor and lead a group of talented designers and is obsessed with continually elevating the team s Product Design craft to create world-class customer experiences.
You will have full strategic ownership of the craft of Product Design at Unibuddy and lead on all aspects of design to help us become the student engagement platform for higher ed institutions.
- Empower a team of fellow designers to do career and industry-defining work, by cultivating a team culture of craftsmanship, kindness, curiosity, respect, and support.
- Define an inspiring Product Design vision to drive customer centricity and own the delivery and execution of this across the Product Design team and other contributing teams (Product Management, Engineering, Marketing etc.)
- Evolve the techniques and methods used to identify, validate and deliver customer experiences in the most effective ways, delivering value and delight to our users and customers sooner.
- Level up the way we research, develop experiments, test hypotheses and validate potential solutions.
- Upskill the team to use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions.
- Orchestrate the creation, adoption, and maintenance of the Unibuddy UI Design System and ensure its scales with the business and team.
- Be an ambassador for the importance of copy, icons, imagery and other assets that make up a user experience.
- Be a champion for our users and customers as well as the Design team, to educate the whole business on customer centricity and design excellence.
- Coach and mentor the entire team, providing feedback and support to help them to grow and develop, as well as hiring new team members as necessary.
- Work closely with the marketing team to help shape Unibuddy s Brand and visual identity, ensuring experiences are consistent across all customer touchpoints.
- Help showcase our design principles, processes and culture to the wider product design community, so we become known for what we do and attract talent as a result.
This might be for you if
- You have a passion to deliver world-class user experiences, are intrigued by human psychology and why users act in the way they do and appreciate the importance of UX, visual design and copy within an experience.
- You have proven leadership within a high-performing multi-disciplinary design team, in a fast-paced Agile environment preferably within a B2B2C environment.
- You have demonstrable experience of having successfully elevated the craft of Product Design (including UXR, UXD, UI, Brand, etc.) in a rapidly scaling business
- You are confident in building a data-driven, experimentation culture and establishing new methodologies and techniques for user research, prototyping and solution validation.
- You love mentoring product designers and getting a kick out of helping people grow and develop.
- You have an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement, identifying efficiencies and development opportunities and are comfortable teaching and mentoring these to others.
- You can effortlessly balance the needs of being in a delivery team whilst supporting and leading a team of designers.
- You want to work in a category-defining business, are obsessed with problem-solving and enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity.
If you don’t meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We’re always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
The Product Design team is part of the Product organisation at Unibuddy and collaborates with Product Managers and Engineers on a daily basis. The incredibly talented Design team currently consists of 4 Product Designers and 1 Graphic Designer, responsible for the visual identity and customer interactions across all our customer touch points and journeys.
The Product team s role is to create a vision and build experiences that delight our customers, solve their needs and help Unibussy grow as a business. We know that building great products and defining a new category is hard, as is making best-in-class user experiences. Our product process combines research, prototyping, user testing, as well as continual data analysis and A/B testing to validate we ve actually solved the problem.
This role will report to the VP Product.
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working options (1-3 days in the office)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Team and company socials and away days
- Introduction call – 20 minutes
- Meet your manager – 45-60 minutes
- Presentation, culture & meet the team – 60-120 minutes
UI/UX, Building Teams, Product Design, User ResearchUI/UX, Product Design, User Research