Job Profile Summary This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a growing people & culture data analytics team.
We re looking for a designer that can creatively stylise slick infographics and data visualisations.
Someone who has a passion for graphic design with an interest in data visualisation and also a willingness to learn new skills using data analytics tools.
The majority of the role will be spent developing visual content to drive engagement and enhance the quality of our interactive dashboards, with some time dedicated to underlying report development.
Job Advert Role responsibilities:
- Design and illustrate a variety of graphic components such as; charts, diagrams, maps, graphics and design with clarity and to a high standard
- Establish an engaging and creative design layer on top of our existing reporting structure and BI solutions (bp’s preferred business intelligence tool is Power BI)
- Collaborate with business integrators and lead analysts to visualise data into engaging narratives
- Visually communicate complex subject matters in a clear and concise way
- Overhaul and reformat existing reports, contributing ideas and creative input
- Develop and maintain consistent design standards that inform the visual language of an entire report catalogue
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a design specialism
- A passion for data visualisation and visual storytelling
- Some experience of working with data, creating data visualisations, charts and infographics is desirable
- Proficiency with latest graphics software including the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Excellent visual communication skills with a perfectionist s eye for detail
- Understanding of user focussed design
- The ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Willingness to learn new reporting tools and occasionally contribute to the technical aspects of report development
- A portfolio or work samples of previous data visualisation content that showcases design ability
Other non-essential useful skills:
- Analytical and numerical skills with understanding of how to distil data, interpret trends, and provide insights
- Knowledge of a data visualisation tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio
- Experience of using app development software such as Power Apps
- Knowledge of a development scripting/programming language such as SQL, Python, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Basic understanding of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro
Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many others benefits!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Entity People & Culture
Job Family Group HR Group
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 10%
Country United Kingdom
About BP PEOPLE & CULTURE
People & culture discovers, empowers and cares for brilliant people, and so can you. Together, we can build and enable our culture, emotionally connected leaders and dynamic teams – and help our company achieve its purpose for people and our planet.
Join us and work closely with our business by:
• always putting our people first, understanding and responding to their needs, supporting their health, wellbeing and recognising them for great work
• hiring and developing talented people and empowering them to progress
• enabling an inclusive and agile culture, where our teams thrive and add value
• developing emotionally connected leaders who continuously learn, put others first and enable everyone to be at their best
• creating energising workplaces that enable collaboration and innovation.
Legal disclaimer We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.