Spectrum IT Recruitment
Spectrum IT Recruitment
Spectrum IT’s Portsmouth based client are keen to recruit a Contract Head of UX to join them on an initial 6 month contract. This is an ideal role for anyone with previous Head of / UX Manager experience who can help mould a cultural shift in the team and drive change to its structure and approach. This is an INSIDE IR35 role with hybrid working (3 days remote per week).
Our client are currently at an exciting change point where they are able to focus on their internal approach to UX/UI work and see the next 6 months as the ideal time to review culture, team structure, approach to work and team processes. As the Contract Head of UX you will bring a wealth of leadership and senior management experience and enjoy helping the team strive for the better. You will work with the senior leadership team to review the current UX business area and then work to explore ways to improve the business.
- Strategy Leadership: Develop and drive the design strategy in alignment with the company’s goals and vision. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management and engineering, to integrate design into the product development process.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of UX/UI designers, graphic designers, and user experience researchers. Foster a collaborative and innovative design culture within the team.
- UX & User Research: Lead our user research strategy, usability testing, and user feedback analysis to inform design decisions. Create user personas, user journey maps, and wireframes to guide product design.
- Customer Advocacy: Identify and cultivate customer advocates who can provide testimonials, case studies, and referrals. Leverage these advocates to build trust and credibility in the market.
- Market Research: Conduct in-depth market research to identify market trends, and competitive landscapes. Use insights to develop strategies that differentiate our products in the market.
- Competitive Analysis: Continuously monitor the competitive landscape to stay informed about industry trends and competitor activities. Use this information to refine product strategies and messaging.
- Graphic Design: Oversee the creation of visually compelling and on-brand graphics for various digital and print materials. Ensure consistency in design elements across all company assets.
- Design Quality Assurance: Maintain high standards of design quality and ensure that design deliverables meet user and business objectives. Review and provide regular feedback on design work produced by the team.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to translate product requirements into effective design solutions. Advocate for the importance of design in creating exceptional user experiences.
- Resource Planning and Budgeting: Manage design resources effectively, including budget allocation and project prioritization. Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency within the design team.
- Stakeholder Communication: Communicate product plans, updates, and performance to various stakeholders, including executives, front line teams and team members.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership and team management skills with a track record of guiding and motivating cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a user-centric approach to design.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, or similar.
- Creative thinking and a passion for staying up-to-date with industry trends.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of design projects and a deep understanding of design principles.
- Strong track record and is comfortable delivering performance metrics
- Experience working in a leading Marketplace is a plus.
- Proven experience in leading design teams with expertise in UX/UI design, graphic design, and user experience research.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Customer focused with an obsession to ensure excellence in the short and long term
- Understanding of relevant technology trends and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to work effectively with various stakeholders.
For more information or to submit your interest, please apply with an updated CV.
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.