Reed Talent Solutions
Reed Talent Solutions
We are looking for a Content Designer. This is a full-time role.
This role is based in the internal communication content design team, to prepare content for our intranet ‘Pulse’.
Working with other content designers, visual designer, delivery manager and product manager, you will develop an understanding of what users need and how to meet their needs, drawing on insight from user research, analytics, and your professional experience.
Canary Wharf, London (Hybrid)
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) offers hybrid working – this means that whilst the role will be based in Canary Wharf, there will be opportunities for an element of working from home.
The balance between home and workplace working is to be agreed with the line manager, determined primarily by business needs and in line with departmental policy.
Please be aware that this role can only be worked from within the UK and not overseas. Relocation expenses are not available.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Develop content for UKHSA’s digital channels, namely the intranet, working in an agile team.
- Develop user stories based on research and analytics, review existing content against them, identify content gaps and overlaps, and shape and develop content to meet user needs.
- Scope, commission, write, edit, and publish content to style, using a content management system.
- Check, fix, support and promote the accessibility for all digital content.
- Coach UKHSA colleagues so they can write in plain English and to the Pulse style guide (GOV.UK)
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate and up to date.
- Monitor the performance of content, and work with the rest of the team and content owners to improve it.
- Identify ways to improve the content, and work with the team to make these things happen.
- Advise colleagues on developing good digital products, outside content itself.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
It is important through your application and Statement of Suitability of 750 words that you give evidence and examples of proven experience of each of the following criteria:
- Working as a content designer, collaborating as part of a user-cantered design team, including content editors.
- Influencing senior stakeholders to follow user-cantered design methods.
- Building relationships with specialist colleagues, coaching them in writing for the web and in plain English language.
- Setting and maintaining content design standards.
- Strong digital skills and the ability to use or learn new tools (content management systems, Jira).
Selection process details
STAGE 1 – APPLICATION & SIFT:
You will be required to complete an application form. This will be assessed in line with the advertised essential criteria – please do provide evidence of how you meet this.
Your Statement of Suitability (max 750 words) should outline your skills, experience, and achievements, providing evidence of your suitability for the role, with reference to the essential criteria (outlined in the person specification section).
Please do not submit your CV, we require you to complete the full application process including a Personal Statement/Statement of Suitability, as outlined below. Please ensure that your Statement of Suitability contains no personal identifiers e.g. name in either the file name or content of the document.
You will also be asked to provide information within the ‘Employer/Activity history’ section of the application form. This is equivalent to the information you would provide on a CV, setting out your career history.
If you are successful at this stage, you will progress to an interview.
STAGE 2 – INTERVIEW
This competition will involve an interview by video.
As part of the process, candidates will be invited to interview which will involve an in-depth discussion of your previous experience and professional competence using the Success Profiles framework.
The Behaviours tested during the interview stage will be:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
There will also be a short content design exercise during the interview.
Advert close: 23:55hrs on 8th November 2023 – unfortunately, late applications will not be considered. Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Please note these dates could be subject to change.