Alexander Mann Solutions
Alexander Mann Solutions
We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Job description – the role
Our client, a major UK retail bank, provides every day banking services to over 17 million retail customers. The banks expertise and services span across Business Services, Corporate banking, Wealth Management, Group Functions, Retail and Investment Banking.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Software Engineer for a 6 months contract based in London.
Candidate Profile: Key accountabilities, skills & experience
Purpose of the Role:
Looking for an experienced .NET Software Engineer to deliver safe, robust, scalable and secure code in a fast, considered and consistent manner. You’ll be writing high quality, thoroughly tested code for web applications. You’ll ensure the technology stack is constantly enhanced by working closely with product teams, adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved in a timely manner. Throughout the course of your work, we’ll look to you to support the technical leadership of software development in agile squads, contributing to successful delivery of end user features and benefits.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the broad scope of web application end users
- Leveraging your technical skills to successfully deliver website enhancements and tooling improvements that help our business to confidently operate and grow at pace
- Contributing towards technical design, code quality, test coverage, application scalability and security Day-to-day you will be working in a multi-disciplinary squad with other software engineers, designers, and digital journey managers, supporting the delivery of customer and colleague facing products through automated, interactive and personalised web applications.
- Handle queries and solve problems of a technical nature
- Go from high-level business requirements to low-level technical detail
- Sense check requirements and figure out technical solutions
- Propose architecture and then get on with building it
- Dig into existing apps to resolve technical issues, including reading existing code
What we require from the candidate:
Each piece will involve process, architecture and integration considerations/challenges. Determine API hosting options and preferences
We’re looking for an experienced all rounder (who):
- C# – essential
- .Net – essential
- SQL/(Microsoft SQL server) – essential/highly desirable
- Azure (general knowledge/has used Azure functions) – highly desirable
- Legacy/on prem to cloud experience – highly desirable
In addition to the skills and experience listed above, we’re also looking for a collaborative individual who works well in a team, picks things up quickly, and dynamically adapts to the problem rather than applying a known solution
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business