Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We’re changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it’s cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models.
Why We Need This Role
The Associate Tech Lead (ATL) will help us improve the Engine systems that power the delivery of all client projects, ensuring that however complex the project, whatever the rate of builds required, and however many building blocks are present the build process remains dependable and performant. The ATL will work with the Product Manager, Technical Lead and the developers on the team to ensure that the code development and architecture is of the highest stakeholder satisfaction.
Why You Should Join
- You want to help scale a pipeline and deal with the challenges of enhancing a critical system operating at cloud scale
- You want a role that is a mix of leadership and technical contribution
- You want to have real input into building and running an engineering team
- You want to be part of the digital revolution we aim to bring to our customers and make technology accessible and easy to use for anyone
- You want to join a company with corporate values running through how it operates
- You want to join a company that supports its talent and helps them to grow
- Managing and Owning the engineering aspect of the product.
- Architecting the components keeping scalability, maintainability and reliability in mind.
- Work with the blocks team to maintain reliable deliver and coordinate releases.
- Mentor and scale up the team to follow standard engineering practices.
- KPIs & Writing technical documentation.
- Required: Strong experience in web frameworks and development methodologies
- Required: Good familiarity with one or more cloud providers (AWS/Azure)
- Required: Experience with Scrum development processes
- Required: Expertise with Python web development (Django, FastAPI)
- Required: Good communication skills and can present ideas to a multi-region cross functional team
- Required: Depth of understanding – we prefer an understanding of underlying principles to rigid sets of rules
- Required: Good relational database experience
- Required: Familiarity with Docker and containerised applications
- Optional: Experience leading Scrum teams
- Optional: You have experience in automation and CI/CD
- Optional: Experience with React
- Optional: Good experience with Kubernetes deployments and infrastructure provisioning
- Optional: Event-driven architecture experience (Message queues, Pub/Sub)
- Optional: Experience implementing a microservice architecture
- Performance-based bonuses
- Stock options
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours