Holland & Barrett are seeking enthusiastic and inventive Apprentice Software Engineers to join our team. Would you like to work alongside an expert team of engineers, product owners and designers? You ll be building ambitious and exciting green field software that will delight and contribute to the wellness of 100 million people across the globe, both online and in person.
A typical day
- A daily stand-up to communicate progress on current work and identify any blockers/ actions that could help you create and develop faster
- Creating high-quality software that benefits customers in short iterations by applying learnings gathered from metrics and customer anecdotes
- Consulting with your mentor who will use their experience and expertise to provide valuable feedback to fast-track your journey into an expert software engineer
- Socialising with diverse and passionate colleagues, in person around our new London Cavendish Square offices and in regular events hosted online
- Contributing to the engineering culture we have fostered within Holland & Barrett. Demonstrating your achievements and learning from others demonstrations
- One day every two weeks to use to further your development and engineering experience in whatever way you feel is right for you. We provide a choice of highly rated online training providers to help you on your journey
You ll gain experience in, but not limited to:
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, Node
- Mobile: Native Android with Kotlin, Dagger2, Retrofit and NVVM, React Native
You must have
- GCSE English & Maths 4-9 (C-A ) or equivalent
- Have an appetite to use software engineering skills to positively impact the well-being of others.
- Have a thirst for knowledge, with an eagerness to work with our team of carefully selected senior colleagues.
Software Engineer Level 4Being a Multiverse apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.As part of your Multiverse apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to help you develop the 6 key competencies: well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You’ll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
Perks and benefits
- Amazing location
- Enhanced parental leave
- Gym membership
- Multiverse Community Hub
- Multiverse community